Have you heard about IV Vitamin therapy? While it is becoming more popular it has been in use by Naturopathic doctors for over 50 years.
Here are the top 5 questions I often get asked:
What Is IV Therapy?
Intravenous or IV therapy involves infusion of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids directly into the blood stream for a 100% absorption rate. The benefit of this treatment method is that we can deliver therapeutic doses of the nutrients, which bypass the digestive tract and are immediately available for your body to use.
A the IV Wellness Boutique we have specifically formulated IV’s to optimize your well-being and address specific health concerns.
What Are Some Common Uses For IV Therapy?
IV therapy is an excellent preventative and anti-aging therapy and it is also used to treat a variety of conditions and symptoms including:
- Boosting Immunity – whether it’s a chronic condition or an acute cold or flu
- Improving Sports Recovery and Athletic Performance
- A Hangover Cure – Our Hangover IV is packed with nutrients to have you feeling better quickly and re-hydrate you
- Migraine Headaches and pain
- Digestive Issues such as Crohn’s, Celiac, IBS, and Colitis where digestion and absorption of nutrients is compromised
- Stress and Fatigue: To support your adrenal glands and boost energy
-Weight Loss: To get your metabolism going!
- Cancer Support: High dose Vitamin C IV therapy as a adjunctive cancer therapy
- View the menu offered at The IV: IV MENU
Is It Safe?
IV therapy is generally safe. All of our IV’s are prepared and administered by licensed Naturopathic doctors to ensure patient safety. IV therapy has been used for over 50 years, and was first developed by Dr. John Myers (“the Myers Cocktail”).
Does It Hurt?
Our naturopathic doctors have lots of IV experience and do their best to make the experience as comfortable and easy as possible. Most patients find the treatment quite comfortable and relaxing. Some patients experience mild aching during the treatment or minor pain sensation during the needle insertion. Heat packs can often alleviate discomfort.
Do I Need To Do Anything Before Coming In?
For best results, make sure you drink plenty of water and eat prior to coming in for your treatment.
Interested in trying IV therapy? Come see me!
I am offering IV therapy at The IV Wellness Boutique on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Sundays
Tel: 604-974-8999, website: www.theiv.ca
Dr. Lindsey Jesswein, ND