This easy to prepare and tasty soup combines many immune supporting ingredients to have you feeling better sooner!
Ginger, garlic, onions all have antimicrobial properties.
Shiitake mushrooms also have immune supporting properties.
· 2 boxes Broth: chicken, vegetable, miso or beef
· 2 Large Onions
· 1 cup Shiitake Mushrooms- chopped
· 6 cloves Garlic, chopped or grated
· 3 tbsp Ginger – grated, fresh
· 1 Carrot – grated or chopped
· 1-2 Lemons – squeezed
· 2 handfuls Kale, Swiss chard or Spinach coarsely chopped
· ½ cup Parsley or Cilantro – minced
· Serves: 4
· Total time: about 1 hour including prep
Sautee diced onions and mushrooms in a pot with a tablespoon of coconut oil or avocado oil until softened and lightly golden in colour (about 2-3 minutes). Add broth and bring to a boil. Add grated garlic, ginger, carrot and greens (kale/spinach/swiss chard) to pot and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes on medium heat (do not over cook the greens).
Add the parsley or cilantro and lemon juice at the end.
You may add salt, pepper, cayenne pepper or chili, season to taste.
Enjoy often, especially if you are feeling ill. You can drink a few cups of the soup throughout the day to help boost you immune function.